Volume 554, June 2013
|Number of page(s)||10|
|Section||Stellar structure and evolution|
|Published online||05 June 2013|
Physical inputs perturbed in the calculations and their assumed uncertainty.
Cumulative impact on the uncertainty on isochrone BTO luminosity (dex) and on the mass at isochrone BTO (M⊙) for different metallicity values.
Uncertainty on the age inferred from the BTO luminosity.
As discussed in Paper I, the uncertainty on the equation of state (EOS) cannot be treated with the approach applied to the other physical input. To provide a rough estimate of the impact of the present uncertainty on the equation of state, we computed the reference tracks – i.e. the ones with unperturbed physics – with two different and widely adopted choices for: OPAL EOS and FreeEOS (Irwin 2004).
Impact of equation of state change from OPAL to FreeEOS for the examined evolutionary features.
Table A.1 reports – for each evolutionary feature and for each Z – the impact of the EOS change. A comparison of these values with the one of the “Impact” column in Table 2 shows that the EOS change accounts for about 10% to 20% of the total impact of all the other physical input. The only exception is the helium core mass: in this case the impact of the EOS variation accounts for 20% to 40% of the total impact of the other physical input.
Stellar models computed for isochrones construction at different Z values.
© ESO, 2013
Current usage metrics show cumulative count of Article Views (full-text article views including HTML views, PDF and ePub downloads, according to the available data) and Abstracts Views on Vision4Press platform.
Data correspond to usage on the plateform after 2015. The current usage metrics is available 48-96 hours after online publication and is updated daily on week days.
Initial download of the metrics may take a while.