- Published on 04 April 2006
Authors working in countries that do not sponsor A&A pay page charges at the rate of 100 euros per page (excluding appendices). Page charges are not requested if the first author is affiliated with one of the countries that sponsor A&A.
As of October 17, 2022, page charges are waived if the first author is affiliated with one of the countries in Group A of Research4Life: https://www.research4life.org/access/eligibility/
When a paper is submitted, a page charge form is sent to the corresponding author by the Editorial office. The evaluation process starts only upon receipt of the signed form.
The A&A Editors are entitled to waive page charges upon request. They can only do so, however, for an amount limited to a maximum of 10% of all papers published per year.
Special note for long papers:
Page charges for excessively long papers. All authors, including those from
sponsoring countries, will be billed for the production costs of pages in excess
of 30 at a rate of 100 euros per page (excluding appendices) and 25 euros per appendix page.
Max Planck Open Access Agreement
- Published on 18 February 2019
Information for Max Planck Authors
The Max Planck Society established a new agreement with EDP Sciences which includes access to the Astronomy & Astrophysics journal content as well as allowing authors to publish open access in the journal. The Open Access agreement with Max Planck Society centrally covers the open access charge for affiliated corresponding authors in this subscription-based hybrid journal under a Creative Commons Attribution license (CC-BY). This open access agreement is part of the Max Planck Society’s strategy to enable a large-scale transition of today’s scholarly journals to open access.
In order to make use of the agreement, please make sure to meet the following conditions when publishing with Astronomy & Astrophysics:
- The article has been accepted for publication in Astronomy & Astrophysics between Jan. 1, 2019 and Dec. 31, 2020.
- A Max Planck affiliated author must be the corresponding author of the article and must publish under this affiliation – the Max Planck affiliation must be stated in the published article
- The article matches one of these types: Original articles, Letters
Please note that charges for additional options (color-in-print, posters etc.) are NOT covered by this agreement.
When submitting, the Max Planck affiliation should be stated. During the production process, EDP Sciences and Max Planck Digital Library will verify author eligibility.
- EDP Sciences information page
- Open Access Support by Max Planck Digital Library
- Open Access at the Max Planck Society