A&A 464, 761 (2007)
(1) Preferred longitudes in sunspot activity
(2) Preferred sunspot longitudes: non-axisymmetry and differential rotation
I. G. Usoskin1 - S. V. Berdyugina2,3 -
1 - Sodankylä Geophysical Observatory (Oulu unit),
PO Box 3000, 90014 University of Oulu, Finland
Institut für Astronomie, ETH Zentrum, 8092 Zürich, Switzerland
Tuorla Observatory, University of Turku, 21500 Piikkiö, Finland
Astronomy Division, PO Box 3000,
90014 University of Oulu, Finland
(1) A&A, 405, 1121-1128 (2003), DOI:10.1051/0004-6361:20030748
(2) A&A, 441, 347-352 (2005), DOI:10.1051/0004-6361:20053201
Key words: Sun: activity - Sun: magnetic fields - errata, addenda
We correct three errors which appeared in these closely related papers.
- In Paper (1), we were primarily interested in the effect
of the differential rotation rate B and neglected the difference
between the equatorial rotation rate A and the Carrington rotation
rate in Eq. (5), which results in a slope in Figs. 3 and 4 that is too steep.
This was corrected without comment in Paper (2) and subsequent papers.
- In Paper (2), Eq. (3) contains a typographical error, with
It should read
This correct form was used in all numerical work in that paper and
all subsequent papers (e.g., Berdyugina et al. 2006, A&A, 445, 703).
- In Paper (2), the given form of Eq. (6) is incorrect.
It should read
This correct form was used in all numerical work in that and subsequent papers.
Copyright ESO 2007